Size: Kitchen Trash Can
Recorded: February, 2017
Found: Sanibel Island, Florida, United States
Material: Wire, Plastic
Status: Solved by reader Matt Petree
There’s a very popular thrift shop on the island called Noah’s Ark. They get a ton of donations, and sometimes, they don’t know what things are. This is one of those things. They gave it to me for free, and were glad to do so.
There are two sets of rings, and they are all the same size. The inner ring is just under 12″.
What we know:
- Found in a beach community
- Nothing moves, except the wheels
- It has three posts, which makes sense if you’re trying to keep something tipping over (three wheels are more stable than four.)
- The wheels don’t lock, and are very small
- It’s light weight
- There are no markings
- You can’t fit anything between the poles that would sit on the larger rings.
Plant holder? Pie cooler? Underwear dryer? What do you think?
UPDATE: Matt Petree seems to have figured this out! We tested his hypothesis, and it worked!
Might be seen in a high fashion store.
Most men wouldn’t have a use for this.
It’s likely a high heel shoe rack. The small ring hooks the heel, and the larger ring holds the sole. Here’s a picture of it in action.
Do you have a mystery object you’d like to share? Whether you know what it is or not, we’d like to hear from you! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click for larger images